CAREERS> WATER TREATMENT TECHNICIAN- OTTAWA
Water Treatment Technician- Ottawa
Job Type: Water Treatment Technician
Location: Ottawa / Gatineau Region
WMC Water Management specializes in the optimization of heating and cooling systems within large commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings. As the exclusive Canadian distributor for ChemTreat International, WMC provides technical expertise in water treatment to building owners, property managers, and engineering contractors. By protecting HVAC systems against corrosion, deposition, and microbiological contamination, we aim to increase the efficiency of our clients operations and drive down costs.
We are currently seeking a Water Treatment Technician to join our experienced team of water treatment professionalsResponsibilities and Duties:
- Work independently in the field to perform onsite water analysis of cooling tower, boiler and chilled water systems at various locations.
- Gather technical data from service sites; make recommendations regarding suitability of applications and adequately document and report results.
- Produce timely electronic reporting of findings and actions taken via task management software.
- Service, troubleshoot, install, and repair chemical feed system equipment including pumps, storage tanks, controllers, sensors, pot feeders, and filtration equipment.
- Responsible for site inspections and safety reviews during all site service visits.
- Maintain accordance with WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Confined Space Entry, and Fall Protection policies.
- Participate in internal and customer meetings as required.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Technical college diploma or equivalent experience.
- Previous water treatment, HVAC maintenance, or commercial building operation experience.
- Self-driven and highly motivated, conduct themselves with diplomacy and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task, willingness to learn and train, dependable and consistent with efforts.
- Technical background with mechanical aptitude.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to working and time management.
- Positive attitude with the ability to take direction from others.
- An approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team
- An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth water treatment experience across a variety of industries
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice new technology and process improvements on a regular basis
- Competitive merit-based compensation and commission packages that reward passionate and driven team members
- Small company culture, with company benefits: Group Insurance: Health & Dental, Life, RRSP matching and more
- Vehicle allowance and company benefits package
- Criminal background check may be required.
- Ontario drivers license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Physically fit and capable of working in confined spaces at times.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly.
We thank you for your interest in WMC Water Management Consultants. Consideration will be given to those residing in the Greater Ottawa Area
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.